8 week Post-natal Check
You can register your new baby by completing an online registration form, see details here or by speaking to a staff member at one of our surgery sites. We will invite you (by post or phone) for an appointment at around 8 weeks for a post-natal check with a GP and immunisations with a nurse.
Healthy Child Service
The Healthy Child Service incorporates York's Health Visiting and School Nursing Services and works with families, young people and children up to the age of 19. You can contact the York Healthy Child Service on 01904 555475 and will be offered routine reviews by the team after having a baby.
Children and young people can experience a range of mental health symptoms and illnesses. There are a number of resources that you might find useful, on our dedicated mental health page, you can learn how to access further support locally.
- York Mind - They can help in a range of ways, providing information, counselling and support to those who need it
- Young Minds - a national charity who can help young people and their parents understand more about mental health illness. They offer a range of support.
- Recovery College - They provide a range of online educational courses and resources to help young people who might be struggling with mental health issues
- Buzz Us - Compass offers a confidential text messaging service call BUZZ US to young people aged 11-18 across North Yorkshire. You can text the service on 07520 631168 you will be able to receive confidential advice, support and signposting from a wellbeing worker within one working day
- BEAT - A charitable organisation who offer support and information for people with eating disorders
Other useful websites
- Healthier Together - a really useful resource which includes information about when to worry about your child if they are unwell
- Yor-OK - a local website designed to support parents, carers, children, young people and anyone who works with children, young people and families
- ERIC - is the national charity dedicated to improving children’s bowel and bladder health, there is lots of advice about constipation, bed wetting and much more