Skip to content

Dentistry and Optician

Community Eye Care Service (CECS)

Symptoms that can be seen under the service include:

  • Loss of vision, including transient loss
  • Flashes and floaters
  • Ocular pain and irritation
  • Eye infections that have not responded to treatment 
  • Trichiasis (in growing eyelashes)

If you have dry eye or red eye symptoms you may be advised to self-care or seek support from your local pharmacy first.

To make an appointment please call 0300 303 4922. You will be asked some questions about your symptoms in order to assess if you need to be seen and how quickly, which will be within 24hrs for urgent cases. You will be given an appointment with a a clinician within the recommended time frame this maybe via a telephone or video consultation.


General Practice staff cannot give advice about dental issues. Please contact your registered dentist if you have a dental problem, if you are not registered with a dentist please contact NHS111.

Latest from Twitter